Brace for Teens
Something that every teen wonders:
“DO I NEED BRACES?”
Don’t worry, braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces for teens come in a variety of styles, materials, and colours, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than before. In some cases, we are even able to straighten teeth without using braces, but with clear aligners (Invisalign®) instead. You can be assured that our treatment plan will be as comfortable and quick as possible!
What Issues Can Braces Correct?
- Excessive Crowding or misaligned teeth
- Protruding teeth or flared (“buck teeth”)
- Narrow jaws and dental arches
- Overbites or Underbites
- Small lower jaws or weak chins
- Deep bite
- Gummy smiles
- Airway Problems
Orthodontic treatment, and braces, are a big part of life for many people. Today’s braces for teens or clear aligners (ie. Invisalign®), combined with the latest technology make it easy to look good and feel good!
Braces! What Now?
Braces Your Way!
Floreani, O’Toole & Dool Orthodontists has a variety of treatment options to make life much easier when choosing a treatment plan! Once we have planned out your treatment and the desired results, we’ll help you choose the right tools for the job. As specialists in braces for teens, we have the expertise to produce your dazzling, healthy straight smile with a beautiful bite that will ideally last a lifetime. Some common options include:
- Clear ceramic braces
- Clear aligners (ie. Invisalign®)
- Incognito™ braces (hidden behind the teeth)
- Traditional metal braces
Best time to see an Orthodontist
When Should My Teen See an Orthodontist?
The sooner the better. As a teenager, your jaws and face are still growing into their final positions, and you may still have some of your baby teeth. We often have a greater ability to make dramatic changes when we are able to work with growth of the jaw bones and teeth. Sometimes treatment at this age is less invasive, shorter and even more stable than postponing treatment to later in life.
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Early treatment — Early treatment allows orthodontists to monitor and guide jaw growth and dental development.
- What needs correction & how long— Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances your orthodontist gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
After Treatment: Care of your New Smile
Even after treatment, we will provide you with fitted retainers made in our own in-house custom lab, usually the same day your braces are removed. Your retainer is a very important piece of your orthodontic treatment that will help keep your straight smile beautiful for many years.
Contact us today to schedule your FREE consultation with your local community orthodontic specialists at Floreani, O’Toole & Dool Orthodontists.