Brace for Adults
It’s Never Too Late to Get a Healthy Straight Smile!
Approximately 1/3 of our patients are over the age of 21! Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they want to maintain their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance.
Braces for Adults:
Differences that are considered during adult orthodontic treatment include:
- Gum or bone loss — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Why should you consider Orthodontic treatment
Straight teeth are healthy teeth. Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence. Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
Mouths left untreated can get worse. Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Common reasons to consider braces as an adult
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth that are crowded or spaced apart, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
- An orthodontic “touch up” to treat a mild relapse
- Tooth alignment before crown or implant placement for a better overall result
Treatment Options for Adults
How much do braces cost? We have answers
Start on Your New Healthy Straight Smile Today – Schedule a FREE Consultation
When you choose Floreani, O’Toole & Dool Orthodontists to help improve your smile or oral health, rest assured that you are getting specialized science-based treatment. This will ensure you are getting the smile you deserve in the shortest amount of time possible. Along with our custom-designed smiles we strive to offer flexible payment options. Regardless of your age, you will have a healthy straight smile made for you and only you!
We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible. Please contact our office to schedule your FREE consultation.